Meet Amy Ortiz! She is the owner and photographer behind the great images of Sage Photography! She has a great way with family and kids – capturing lots of emotion and lots of laughs!
Monthly Archives: July 2011
Hello! I have another tutorial for you today – a fun one! How to turn an SOOC RAW shot and process it in a vintage-y style. There are many ways to do this, and there are many ways to process in a vintage-y style. One of my fave looks is a soft magenta tint that I add to some photos just when I want to play around and have some fun.
You’ll see more from this session next week, when I bring you some more super cute and energetic images of cutie-patootie A.
Here is the Before and After:
So, we need to process this bland RAW file (more on what is RAW and why the image on the left looks the way it does by clicking HERE
- First, I cropped the image in for a tighter look. I wanted to make sure cutie-pie A. was the focus!
- Secondly, I used a “Gradient Map” layer in Photoshop. When the Gradient Map window pops up, I double click on the spectrum and it brings up a dialogue box. At the bottom of this box, the spectrum is visible again and I’m going to set my colors. I click on the left arrow with the little square underneath and choose BLACK. Then I click on the right arrow with the square underneath it and choose a nice PEACHY color. Then click OK to set.
- I reduce the opacity of this Gradient Map layer to about 30% and set it to “Soft Light.”
- Next step – I add a “Solid Color” layer on top and choose a MAUVE color. I reduce the opacity to about 30% and again set it on “Soft Light.”
- Finally, I add a “Curves” layer to soften up the blacks/contrast. When working in the cures layer, I drag up the bottom, left corner of the diagonal line until the output reads 25 or 30.
And that’s it!! I hope this was helpful!!! The key is to have FUN and play around with Photoshop – you’ll discover lots of ways to process an image to give it a certain mood and a certain look!
I hope you had a great 4th of July! We had the greatest time enjoying the holiday with friends and family in my little neighborhood. Had so much fun, in fact, that I’m posting my weekly Monday post featuring RAD photogs today – on a Wednesday!
Here is another one of my fave photogs ever! The wonderfully talented Jenny Ricketts. I not only got a chance to meet her a few months ago, but I got to shoot alongside her. Oh, what a treat that was – watching her work. Her style of shooting is fast and precise. Such energy – I love it!
I’ve known this beautiful family for a long, long time – just over 15 years! And can I tell you? Lisa and Chris have NOT changed one bit! Not one bit! Actually, when I first saw them, waiting for me on the PB boardwalk, I immediately flashed back to my college days. I joked with Chris and told him I didn’t remember him being so tall. Which, now that I think about it, actually proves that *I* am shrinking.
I was so excited to see them again after many years of not getting together. And I finally got to meet Lisa and Chris’ two boys for the first time. Big brother N. and little guy J. So. Incredibly. Adorable. SUPER. Incredibly. Cute. Well, what do you expect with gorgeous parents, right? N. is a great storyteller and has such maturity. In an instant you see how good-natured and kind-hearted he is. J. with his big brown eyes and sweet dimples and 2 year old wiggles made me smile from ear-to-ear throughout the WHOLE session.
Their sneak peek images from last week are some of my fave beach images ever. Click HERE to see those again. But today I bring you more family moments. Lisa and Chris, I had such a wonderful time with you and your boys. I SOOOOOOOO hope to see you again soon! I’m thinking next month would be good!
You met cutie-pie G. last week in this post (click here). Now meet her buddy A. These two adorable friends had the best, best laughs. Two girls giggling and laughing. I can’t resist sharing these images with you. I hope you have a fun-filled 4th of July weekend with lots of laughs!
Before the laughs began:
What made them laugh? I. Can’t. Even. Remember. I just remember laughing right along with them. How could I not? It was contagious!
Could they be any cuter? Can’t you just imagine a pic like this of you and your bestie?
Come back next week for pics of just cutie pie A!